1 Hr 55 Min
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
• 1/3 cup chopped pecans
• 12 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 1 cup fresh orange juice
• 1/2 cup 2% milk
• 3 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 egg whites
• 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, melted butter, and corn syrup. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle pecans over the sugar mixture. Arrange the bread slices in the bottom of the dish so they are in a snug single layer.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, egg whites, and eggs. Pour this mixture over the bread, pressing on the bread slices to help absorb the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Remove the cover from the baking dish, and let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
1 1/3 cups sugar
4 egg yolks, beaten
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 1/3 cups chopped pecans
Combine milk, sugar, egg yolks, and butter in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook over medium heat 12 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vanilla, coconut, and pecans; stir until frosting is cool and of spreading consistency.
Can be used over German Chocolate cake, Devil’s Food, or even your favorite brownies!!
1 1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/3 cup flour (all-purpose)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inch)
1 whipped cream (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until smooth. Stir in nuts, pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60minutes, or until set. Cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
1/2 cups butter or margarine
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons vanilla flavoring
1 cup ground pecans
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Cream butter and sugar. Add salt and flour; mix well. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
Icing: Combine all ingredients, adding enough powdered sugar to thicken mixture to spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cookies.
18 ounces crushed pineapple drained save juice
2 – 21 ounces cans cherry pie mix
18 ounces devil’s food cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup melted oleo
Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch pan, layer drained pineapple. Second layer – add pie filling. Third layer ~ dry cake mix over filling. Fourth layer – sprinkle with pecans. Combine melted butter and pineapple juice and pour over top. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.