Image via Wikipedia
1 1/2 cup graham-cracker crumbs
1 cup roasted and salted pistachios, finely ground
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (16-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (16-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, pistachios, butter, and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 13-x-9-x-2-inch baking dish.
3. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine pie filling, pineapple, and milk, stirring to combine. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into prepared cooled crust. Cover tightly.
5. Freeze for 8 hours, or overnight.
6. Remove from freezer and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
7. Garnish with maraschino cherries, if desired. Store, covered tightly, in refrigerator.