Ok, these are not only easy and fast, but de-lish! I like the depth of flavor the cream cheese gives these cookies. There are other recipes using cake mix for cookies, but without the cream cheese they are just another ho-hum cookie.
1 bx cake mix, any flavor
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 c butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla (optional, depending on flavor)
1 c any add-ins (flavored chips, candy, nuts, etc) amounts can be varied. For the chocolate chip variety, add a 12 oz bag of semisweet chips.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended (I used a mixer for this part only).
Stir in cake mix a little at a time until it’s all blended and then add any chips, candy or nuts, as you like. Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are brown.
1 box Devil’s Food Cake mix
1/2 c. softened butter
1, 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/4 c. flaked coconut
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. chocolate chips, (the original recipe said ‘optional’, but chocolate chips are NOT optional!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In large bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Mixture will be crumbly. Press into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 1 egg until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut and pecans. Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared crust. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup coconut over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
You might also enjoy this version:
1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 can (15 oz.) real cream of coconut
2-2/3 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350°F.
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa and butter in large bowl; press firmly onto bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cream of coconut, coconut, bread crumbs, eggs, vanilla and small chocolate chips in medium bowl; stir until blended. Spoon evenly over prepared crust.
Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator. 24 to 36 bars.
Cookies n Cream Cake Mix Cookies
1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
18 foil-wrapped white chocolate candies with chocolate cookie bits (from 12-ounce bag), unwrapped
1 ounce white baking bar (white chocolate) or vanilla-flavored candy coating
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or spray with cooking spray. Mix cake mix, oil and eggs in large bowl with spoon until dough forms (some dry mix will remain). Cut each candy crosswise in half.
- Shape level 1 measuring tablespoon of dough around each candy half, covering completely. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until cookies begin to look dry and cracked on surface. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Microwave white baking bar and 1/2 teaspoon of the oil in small microwavable bowl uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth. In another small bowl, microwave chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth.
- Place each glaze in separate resealable plastic food-storage bag. Cut small tip from one corner of each bag. Drizzle glazes over cookies.