Don’t be afraid to make these just because there is no candy thermometer or strict candy-making guidelines. That is why these are called EASY. The only thing you need to be cautious of in this recipe is stirring faithfully. As with all fudge recipes I make or caramels, I line the pan with foil so that I can easily lift out of the pan and cut/serve/store from there. Enjoy!
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
12 ounces butterscotch chips
7 ounces marshmallow creme
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter (or margarine) and milk in a 2 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium/medium-high heat, stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in butterscotch chips until melted.
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Pour into greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Let cool and serve.